Vision and Mission
- To improve the Present system of education by all its legitimate means.
- To have effective voice in shaping of the Secondary Education in ODISHA.
- To improve the professional ability and social status of its members.
- To foster spirit of brotherhood among all teachers and employees of all grades and classes .
- To promote the status of the secondary Teachers and employees of the state.
- To secure adequate representation of secondary School Teachers in the Board of Secondary Education and other controlling bodies.
- To promote teachers and students welfare activities.
- To create social awareness in connection with educational development in the state.
- To develop and foster sense of morality and social commitment among the members.
- To keep co-ordination with other Teachers Organisation at Block / District / State level.
- To affiliate OSSTA with the Federal Teachers organizations of All India level, State level and abroad.
- To promote the qualitative aspect of secondary education avoiding disparity.
- To organize odia medium schools in the area outside the state.
- To up hold the social Commitment of Teachers by organizing socio-economic and environmental seminars / discussions / Programmes.
- To develop values / obligation within teachers / employees towards professional ethics.